During her media briefing, the First Minister covered the following (02/07/20):
- The FM announced that the Scottish Government’s scientific advice showed the R number remained under 1, meaning that lockdown measures could be relaxed further – with a view to moving to Stage 3 on 15 July.
- Included in this announcement was the news that pavement cafes and outdoor beer gardens could reopen on 6 July and that certain hospitality venues, including self-catering properties, could reopen as of 3 July.
- The FM announced further that the existing travel limit of 5 miles was to be removed as of 3 July, with the exception of Annan, Gretna, Dumfries, Lockerbie, and Langham due to a resurgence in cases in the region.
- On the issue of physical distancing, the FM announced that in the vast majority of cases the 2m rule would continue to apply but that, in some cases, it could be reduced to 1m, provided that the venues that chose to do so embraced clear and adequate signage.
The FM also announced that face coverings would become mandatory in shops and on public transport as of 10 July.
Ferry and Air update:
Both Pentland Ferries and Northlink Ferries started transporting Self-Catering visitors from the 3rd July 2020 and then from the 15th July 2020 - all visitors.
Loganair is now also open for all visitors traveling to Orkney by air.
We are a member of the Association of Scotland’s Self-Caterers (ASSC) and the Cleaning Protocols for our Cottages follow as per below:
ASSC Cleaning Protocols – with the Latest Version Update:
Updated Version Issued: Click Here
- Cleaning Protocols for Self-Catering Properties and Short-Term Lets v3
- FAQ 250620 V4 for V3 Cleaning Protocols 25th June